Introduction to R for social science
Learn how to use R! – from installation to basic analysis
19.02.2019 kl. 12.30 - 20.02.2019 kl. 15.30
This workshop series is meant to introduce the software solution and programming language ‘R’.
It is a widely used and very diverse data analysis tool and can be used for statistics, text mining and machine learning.
This workshop series will cover:
- Installing R
- Working with the R language and RStudio
- Creating variables and objects
- Basic programming skills in R (if statements, for loops and while loops)
- Importing and exporting data - also from other software like Excel and STATA
- Writing basic function in R
- Gaining basic skills in working with text and creating plots
In the workshop series we will work in RStudio. To make the most out of the workshops, it is recommended you install both R and RStudio before the first workshop.
R can be downloaded here.
RStudio can be downloaded here.
Make sure to install R before installing RStudio. If you have any problems, please bring them at the workshop.
- 19/02-2019 12:30-15:30
- 20/02-2019 12:30-15:30
CALDISS – Fibigerstræde 5, room 37 – 9220 Aalborg Ø
Kristian Gade Kjelmann (CALDISS daily manager)
Own laptop or MacBook.
Students and staff associated with the Faculty of Social Sciences at AAU.