Text mining and NLP with R
Learn how to analyze and gain insights form text data using R!
30.04.2019 kl. 12.30 - 01.05.2019 kl. 15.30
Building on a basic knowledge of R, this workshop series teaches you how to work with textual data in R. The series will cover everything from reading text data into R, various text mining techniques to basic Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithms.
This workshop will cover:
- Loading textual data into R
- Familiarity with essential text mining packages (tidytext, tm, textmineR etc.)
- Building a corpus in R
- Pre-processing text data for analysis
- Exploring key features of texts (keywords, word associations)
- Discovering common themes in texts using topic modelling
- Analyzing data from Twitter
- 30/04-2019 12:30-15:30
- 01/05-2019 12:30-15:30
CALDISS – Fibigerstræde 5, room 37 – 9220 Aalborg Ø
R basics (see our introduction to R)
Own laptop or MacBook.
Students and staff associated with the Faculty of Social Sciences at AAU.