Use of Text and Machine Learning in SSH (full-day workshop)
Learn how texts can be processed and analyzed using machine learning.
12.01.2022 kl. 10.00 - 15.30
This full-day workshop introduces to relevant concepts of natural language processing (NLP). The workshop covers both the relevant concepts of NLP and general presentation about how NLP models work as well as how to apply such techniques and models in Python. The workshop has a specific emphasis on applications within social science and humanities research.
This workshop is part of the competence development course CompUp but is open to anyone interested.
- 10.00-12.00: Text and machine learning: Natural language processing (Rebekah Brita Baglini)
- 12.00-12.30: Break
- 12.30-15.30: Use of natural language processing in Python (Kristoffer Nielbo and Ross Dean Kristensen-McLachlan)
- Rebekah Brita Baglini, School of Communication and Culture, Aarhus University
- Kristoffer Nielbo, Center for Humanities Computing, Aarhus University
- Ross Dean Kristensen-McLachlan, Center for Humanities Computing, Aarhus University
January 12th 2022 from 10.00-15.30
Online via Zoom (Zoom info sent upon registration)
Access to a Python environment (fx via UCloud) and a basic understanding of Python programming.